1. Safety is always first! Good sportsmanship is expected at ALL times.
2. Operate in a safe manner at all times.
3. NO alcohol before pulling or driving equipment.
4. No riders - drivers only.
5. Drivers have to shut down before 100ft. mark in order to restart (breakage must drop to last).
6. First puller in class has the option to come back in third, only if the sled is reset.
7. Drivers must remain in their seats during pull, if you lose control you will be flagged.
8. DRAW BARS:
a. Minimum of 18 inches from center of the rear axle to hitch point.
b. Maximum of 20 inches to top of hitch point.
c. Minimum of ¼ inch steel plate, to a maximum of 1 inch thick at hook point. Minimum of 3x3.5 inch hole for hook.
d. Drawbar and assembly must be rigid and sturdy, must have a horizontal pin. To be checked by tech official.
a. All weights should be secured.
b. No weights should interfere with hooking to the sled
c. Front weights shall not extend 2’ from nose of tractor
d. Rear weights shall not extend beyond rear most part of tires
e. Rear wheel weights shall not extend beyond 2 feet of tire sidewall.
10. Loss of weights or parts will result in disqualifications.
11. All tractors to run one fuel only, fuels to be: gasoline (VP gas), diesel, alcohol, propane (No nitro-methane, nitrous or nitro-propane).
12. Water injection is allowed. NO alcohol, windshield washer fluid,or other enhances, water pump lubricant is ok.
13. Turbo Size 3X3 maximum. No reducers.
14. Mandatory fire suit and shoes, gloves and helmet.
15. All Tractors must have:
- WIDE FRONT END
- AIR SHUTOFF - Vehicle must have a cable operated engine air intake shut off device. Device cannot be a butterfly type and must be spring loaded. Cable must be located approximately 4 feet above the point of hook and within 6 inches of center of vehicle. Device must prevent the engine from building boost. The sled requires a 2 inch ring of equivalent be attached at the end of the cable. Mont cable in clear view no obstructions. One must be within the driver's reach as well when strapped in seat.
- BRAKES - All tractors must have working rear brakes capable of
sliding each rear wheel.
- CLUTCH - Clutch Blanket: Must have a SFI APPROVED clutch, flywheel & clutch blanket or 3/8 steel/ ½ aluminum x 6” band bolted to the frame of tractor.
- HARMONIC BALANCER must be shielded so it cannot come out of tractor in any way.
- COOLING FANS - All cooling fans will be electric operated. No factory metal blades on water pumps.
- CHASSIS - Maximum of 114 inches wheelbase unless originally produced with a longer wheelbase at which point the wheelbase will remain stock. Mandatory front hitch.
- DUMP VALVE - A 3 way fuel dump bypass valve is required ahead of the injection pump. This valve is to be operated by a cable within the driver's reach when strapped in seat. No electronically controlled engines of any configuration.
- SEAT BELTS - Three bar roll cage protection and 5 point seat belt harness in roll cage. Roll Bar: MUST have Lap Belt and must support the weight of the tractor.
- SHIELDS - Side panels are mandatory on both sides of the engine and cover bar the entire engine. Either aluminum or steel not less than 0.060” thick. There must be a firewall that separates the operator from the engine compartment with no hole more than ½ in diameter for controls to pass through. A 0.060” thick or 120” thick aluminum must run between frame and under the harmonic balancer to prevent loss of harmonic balancer from tractor.
- WHEELIE BARS - Must support the weight of tractor this is
- THROTTLE - Throttle lever must have a double spring installed such that if the throttle lever is released. The engine will return to idle.
Throttle must function such that moving the throttle lever forward, increases the engine speed.
- TUBE FRAME AND FRONT END - Manufactured tube frames and front ends are allowed, must support the weight of tractor.
- TURBO - 3.0 maximum diameter of the intake inlet. Map ring enhancement grooves allowed. 3.0 Exhaust housing
- WATER INJECTION - Water injection is allowed with water and pump lubrication only. Water may contain crop oil or water soluble oil. Water must pass any test.
- WHEEL HUBS - Must be steel weld on hubs or heavy duty clamp on hubs. No Cast Iron.
- FRONT SKID PLATES/SKI BARS ARE MANDATORY on non factory front ends. Must be within 6 inches of the ground.
- All tractors must have an ag rear end and stock transmission housing, no drop box transmissions.
- A functioning, up to date fire extinguisher must be mounted on all pulling vehicles, within reach of the driver.
- All tractors must have a cable around the motor between 1st & 2nd cylinder with four clamps.
***WARNING - Any competitor suspicious of another competitor’s vehicle on cubic inches or water injection can have a tech official witness the tear down or testing of the tractor for a fee of $1500. If the competitor is deemed legal for the class they are pulling in, they keep $1250 and the official gets $250. If not deemed legal, the person who put the money up gets his money back!!!
1. Max weight 14,200lb
2. 8 MPH limit
3. Factory front end
4. Factory seat mounts
5. Factory air system
6. Factory draw bar with 1 inch plate with 3.5 inch hole or a clevis with a 1 inch pin
7. NO cut tires
1. Safety first!!!
2. Follow the general rules at all times.
3. 619 cubic inch max!
4. 3” X 3” turbo max. No reducers.
5. Up to 24.5 double cut tires.
6. Roll cage is mandatory.
8. Intercoolers are allowed.
9. Water injection is allowed.
10. Any pump up to p8600.
11. Driver must wear full fire suit, helmet, gloves and fire shoes.
12. All tractors must be equipped with a working fire extinguisher within reach of the driver.
13. Neutral safety light must be present on rear of tractor.
1. Safety first, always!!!
2. Follow the general rules at all times.
3. Maximum 480 cubic inches.
4. Maximum 3”x3” turbo. No reducers.
5. 20.8 max tire.
6. Roll bar/roll cage and seat belts are MANDATORY.
7. NO intercoolers are allowed.
8. Water injection is allowed.
9. Any pump up to p7100.
10. Driver MUST wear at least a fire jacket, gloves, helmet and leather boots. ALL tractors must be equipped with a WORKING fire extinguisher.
1. All general safety and chassis rules apply
2. Diesel tractor with turbo maximum 401 cid, open rpms
3. Turbo should be a maximum of 3 x 3 for diesel engine only.
4. N/A automotive style engine maximum 410 cid, open rpms
5. N/A agricultural or industrial style engine max 800 cid, open rpms
6. Tire size is 20.8x34 or 18.4x38 any cuts
7. N/A engine &turbo diesel engines up to 360cid may run 20” drawbar, 360-401cid turbo diesel engine may run max of 19”.
8. No intercoolers of any kind allowed, water injection is allowed
9. Diesel engine to use any pump up to maximum of a p7100
10. No electronic fuel injection, All spark ignition will be carbureted
11. All tractors will have an ignition kill switch for spark ignition engines and an air shut off for diesel tractors
12. Roll Bar with lap belt, or Roll Cage with five point harness
13. Must wear fire coat, gloves, helmet & leather boots.
All OEM chassis Pro Stock rules, including shielding, safety and SFI requirements, apply to this class plus the following rules:
• Tractor weight will be 6,400 lbs.
1. Engine must match brand of tractor. Engine crankcase, block, and cylinder head must be of same manufacturer or factory replacement and can be used in any agricultural transmission and rear end that used that brand of engine or through its company mergers used that brand of engine.
2. Must be OEM engine block, no Billet steel or aluminum blocks.
3. Rear of engine must be in stock location for make and model of rear end and transmission housing, with a maximum tolerance of a 1” adapter plate.
4. No V-8 Engines permitted.
5. No Overhead cams allowed.
6. Maximum allowed “P” pump. Only one plunger per cylinder allowed.
7. No electronically controlled fuel system allowed.
8. No secondary source of fuel (liquid or gas) or oxygen enhancer allowed.
9. Water injection allowed.
10. Computer can only be used for data acquisition, may not be able to control engine timing, or fuel delivery. No traction control.
11. Maximum of 315 cubic inches for twin turbocharged diesel engines with Intercoolers. (Turbo(s) must be staged.) This engine combination can run a maximum of two (2) 3 x 4 smooth bore turbo(s). No MAF enhancement.
12. Maximum of 360 cubic inches for twin turbocharged diesel engines and no intercooler or after cooler allowed. (Turbo(s) must be staged.) This engine combination can run a maximum of two (2) 3 x 4 smooth bore turbo(s). No MAF enhancement.
13. Maximum of 410 cubic inches for single turbocharged diesel engines. Intercoolers allowed. This engine combination can run a maximum of one (1) 3 x 4 turbo with MAF enhancement. 0.200 MAF enhancements. No forward-facing MAF.
14. Maximum of 470 cubic inches for single turbocharged diesel engines. No intercoolers allowed. (The 478 cu. in. Hercules engine will be legal to run in its factory combination 0% variance on CID.) This engine combination can run a maximum of one (1) 3.4 x 4 smooth bore turbo.
15. Alcohol Engine maximum of 370 cubic inches for single turbo charged alcohol engines. No intercoolers allowed. This engine combination can run a maximum of one (1) smooth bore 3 x 4 turbo.
16. Diesel engines that will be allowed to run a 3.4 x 4 smooth bore turbo, the compressor wheel must protrude into the housing 1/8" and the compressor wheel must measure no larger then 3.400” at the face of the wheel.
17. No superchargers allowed.
1. One spark plug per cylinder ONLY.
2. Maximum of 2 valves per cylinder. Valves must maintain the factory angle, lateral movement of valves only. Valves must seat in the bottom of the OEM head on all 6-cylinder engines.
3. OEM cylinder head for that brand and model engine. No billet or re-cast cylinder heads allowed.
4. Maximum of one (1) deck plate will be permitted between the top of the block and the bottom of the cylinder head, with a maximum thickness of 1-1/8".
1. Maximum length 13 feet measured from center of rear axle to forward most point, excluding tow hook. Maximum wheelbase 114”.
2. No type of front end suspension allowed, swivel axle front ends will be accepted.
3. All housings must stay in place, bolted ridged in all other chassis.
4. Auxiliary transmission will be permitted.
• Maximum tire size 30.5 x 32, Minimum tire size 24.5 x 32.
• Safety – Turbochargers – all divisions
a. Intake Compressor Wheels – No turbocharger compressor wheel(s) may be visible through hood or side shield on either side of vehicle. Any visible inlet compressor opening must face forward.
b. Exhaust Turbine Outlet – 2 bolts, minimum 1/2” diameter, grade 5 only, must be installed in a cross pattern as close to turbine exhaust wheel as possible.
c. Turbocharger Containment
Note: This rule only applies to turbocharger(s) with larger than 3" diameter inlet
ii. Diesel Engines:
o Any single turbocharger or top turbocharger(s) on a multi turbo setup must have a Kevlar lined containment device (bag or blanket) that completely encloses the intake compressor housing. Bag or blanket used must be commercially available from a NTPA approved manufacturer.
Note: Containment device cannot be homemade.
iii. Alcohol Engines:
o Any single turbo or the top turbocharger(s) on a multi-turbo setup must have a minimum of 1/8” cable wrapped around turbo. Cable must be wrapped at least two revolutions capturing both turbocharger housings. Cable must be clamped by a minimum of two clamps at splice or metal collars around intake housing with attaching 1/8” cables to exhaust housing. Turbocharger containment device (bag or blanket) is an acceptable option in place of cable if applied as required under diesel engine turbo blanket or bag rules.